Hitting Shelves: August 28, 2012
This week in music, we’re wrapping up the end of August with a piping hot batch of releases from some of the industry’s best. Fans with eclectic taste can find something from every sphere of the music world in the biggest and most varied Hitting Shelves yet.
Today you can get your hands on Alanis Morissette’s eighth studio album, Havoc and Bright Lights; Art Garfunkel’s massive assemblage of hits, The Singer; Circa Survive’s first independent release, Violent Waves; The Easy Star All-Stars’ reggae tribute to Michael Jackson’s Thriller; the new progressive-dance album on quaaludes from Minus The Bear entitled Infinity Overhead; and the ethereal post-rock landscape of Pan’s These Are The Things That I Love And I Want To Share Them With You.
I have undoubtedly been looking forward to this week’s batch of releases more than any of the others that I have posted in the week’s passed. If you’re scratching your head in doubt and wondering why; then drop your eyes down below to the full list and let the releases tell you the rest.
- Alanis Morissette-Havoc and Bright Lights (Buy/Stream)
- Art Garfunkel-The Singer (Buy/Stream)
- The Chariot-One Wing (Buy)
- Circa Survive-Violent Waves (Buy/Stream)
- Dwele-Greater Than One (Buy/Stream)
- Easy Star All-Stars-Thrillah (Buy/Stream)
- Flobots-Circle In The Square (Buy/Stream)
- Get Started-Built For Blame, Laced With Shame (Buy/Stream)
- Minus The Bear-Infinity Overhead (Buy/Stream)
- Pan-These Are The Things I Love, And I Want To Share Them With You (Buy/Stream)
- Sheppard-Sheppard (Buy/Stream)
- Slaughterhouse-Welcome to: Our House (Buy)
- Tamia-Beautiful Surprise (Buy/Stream)